Recipe of the Day: Spinach Salad with White Wine Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
Salad is something I need good recipes for more than most. Because honestly, I’m not crazy about salad, and without the motivation of a delicious salad I wouldn’t make it.
Which is why recipes like this are great for me to have in my personal cookbook!
My fiance Therese and I actually did something new for Thanksgiving: we made a salad bar for everybody. Salad doesn’t exactly scream Thanksgiving, but other people brought the turkey and the more traditional dishes, so we figured it would be nice to add some fruits and vegetables to the mix. Plus, some of our relatives can’t have gluten, so this was a good option to have. We got all of our ingredients and chopped them up.
We had a nice bowl for each, with some different combos possible. Some fruits and a raspberry vinaigrette were available if they wanted sweet, and we had croutons and a caesar salad dressing for the savory crowd. We were careful of cross-contamination between the ingredients though; you can’t be careless with the croutons when you need the other options to stay gluten-free.
It worked out really well, and next Thanksgiving I plan on doing the same thing! I’ll be collecting new salad recipes for next time! This one has good odds of making the cut.
- 9 baby bella mushrooms
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons feta cheese
- Slice and sautee the mushrooms. Chop the onion into small chunks.
- Combine mushrooms, spinach, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and raw honey, mixing well.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Crumble the feta cheese over the salad.